The Looking at Student Writing CD-ROM provides both video and print resources to support your writing curriculum. Through video clips, JoAnn and Ralph provide practical advice on how to organize and teach with TQW. An innovative electronic presentation allows you to listen in and observe JoAnn and Ralph as the analyze 24 samples of student writing. Assessment masters and other reproducibles provide practical support for your writing curriculum.
*Macromedia Flash Player is required to view the following samples from the CD-ROM, click here to get it. Speakers recommended.
The Author Videos include:
In the 24 Student Writing Discussions JoAnn and Ralph:
Print Resources include:
- highlight the developmental markers that each writing sample exhibits
- discuss how students address the four qualities of writing in their essays
- suggest strategies and ideas for improving the student’s writing
- exemplar text
- teaching guidelines
- assessment and record-keeping forms
- inspirational “lifeblood” quotes from famous writers